Thursday, March 28, 2013

How much water do you need?

Pin It Now!

In my journey to becoming healthier the hardest part for me to stay consistent is water consumption. I will go a whole month drinking lots of water then the next month barely anything... even with my outrageous fitness regime... Whoops. However I know I am aware of my lack of water consumption as our little cookie and my future hubby always has a glass of water in front of them (from me). Double Whoops! I know, I'm just being extra lazy...
 
Benefits of Water: Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, where you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal daily functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired. 
So how much water should you be drinking?: Most health experts recommend 2.2 - 3 litres of water for the average adult (men need more then women). Of course when it is hotter outside or you sweat more you are loosing more water and will need to consume more. With daily exercise it is recommended to consume 1.5 - 2.5 extra cups
Children need 1.3-3.3 litres of water a day based on age, weight and gender.
Pregnant women should be consuming anywhere from 10-13 cups of water a day. 
**The amount of water listed above is total amount consumed including ingested foods containing water.
Now if you are exercising, you need at least 1.5 more litres of water (of course this depends on how much you are sweating out). Its generalized.
Now we are talking PEE! Your pee should be slightly yellow to colourless during urination.

My goal for the week: I purchased a large mason jar from a thrift shop last week and only need to fill it up 3 times. Yes even with my outrageous workout schedule... It's enough water. It's huge!

Happy healthy water consuming (into the body) living!

No comments:

Post a Comment